AGROLIFEBENEFITS is an agro based research, training and empowerment in feeds formulation, analysis and production for ALL animals
Feed takes over 60% cost of animal production. Many farmers find is difficult to realize there noble objectives in animal production enterprise due the challenges constituted by feeds. In fact many have quieted and others at the verge of quitting this noble profession due the challenges posed by feeds. Many resulted to use of sub-standard feeds, others under fed their flock just to keep them alive.
PRESENT REALITIES AND CHALLENGES
High Cost of Feeds
25kg of broiler starter feeds ranges between N5,600.00 to N4, 100.00, grower mash within N3, 000.00 to N3, 100, 00 chick mash within 3,300.00 to 3,600.00, The situation with other animal feeds is worse such as fish feed, grasscuter feeds, etc. Farmers who solely depend on commercial millers find it difficult to break even.
Many of our farmers are at the mercy of quack feeds millers. Some farmers produce poor feeds due to lack of adequate knowledge in feeds formulation.
This a great challenge especially to farmers in the rural area. Irregular supply leads to fall in production especially among laying birds.
THE WAY OUT
The only and best option to help our teeming young farmers is through TRAINING ON SELF FEEDS FORMULATION AND ANALYSIS. It’s quite interesting that our farmers can grasp the basic rudiment of formulating a balanced feed through proper training with the use of INDIGENOUS SOFTWARE. The software is developed with due consideration of our locally available raw materials in our local market.
REASONS FOR SELF FEEDS FORMULATION
Our farmers will eternally be grateful, if they could discover the simple secrets of formulating a balanced feeds for ALL categories of animals.
- To reduced cost of animal production downward by about 30%. The profit margin of a farmer who buys feeds will be very low. It will be very wise to start formulating feeds yourself once your birds are up to 50 and above.
2. To prepare balanced feed at the possible cheapest cost using quality local ingredients. You want to be sure you have quality feeds for your birds/animals always.
3. Formulating feeds yourself guaranties regular supply. Running out of feeds could cost great losses especially to layers. Eggs production will greatly drop, if your birds miss their feeds and that could take up to 2 weeks for any possible recovery. You don’t want any possible disappointment from millers that can cause you these great losses.
4. We formulate feeds because the raw materials are readily available in our local market. All the raw materials can be sought for in our local markets.
- Formulating feeds yourself, gives you access to fresh feeds always. You may be surprised a time that some bags of feed delivered to your farm are already moldy or weevils infested. You cannot guaranties the quality of such feeds. They may cause more harm than good.
6. You will be at a good competitive edge in sale of your products, when you formulate feeds yourself. Other competitors will find it difficult to compete with you, because you have reduced your cost of production all along. For example, a farmer who formulates feeds himself could afford to sell his table size broilers at #1,200.00 and still smiles to bank while other farmers who patronized commercial millers will find it difficult to do same.
7. The equipment for milling could be sought for locally and are not expensive as many thought. As a beginner you could just go for hammer mill and weighing scale. Hammer mill crushes the raw ingredients. You could mix manually on a well cemented floor with shovel until you can afford to buy a mixer.
- Availability of an Indigenous software makes feeds formulation much easier than ever before
FEATURES OF THE INDIGENOUS SOFTWARE
Without mincing words, I need to let you know that this is the type of tool in the hand of these big feeds merchants which makes it easy for them to formulate all types of animal feed.
- Able to formulate ALL types of animal feeds – fish feeds, poultry feeds and livestock feeds at CLICKS – all the farmer s need to do is to input data in respect to needed type of feed and the software will automatically generate quantities of each ingredients needed to make such feed.
- Able to analyze the crude protein, energy, methionine, lysine, calcium, phosphorus, fibre, and fat content in a particular feeds – these are tedious task going by manual calculations. The software takes care of that with high precision and accuracy.
- Contains local available raw materials by default – virtually most of the raw material are stored in the software by default. Moreover, the software allows provision for adding new ingredients.
- Able to accommodate 6 bulky ingredients and unlimited number of micro ingredients at a formulation – this feature gives room to formulate all types of feeds without limitation.
- Allow the use of mathematical ratio in determining level of inclusion of each ingredient in a ration – this unique feature helps farmers to regulate quantity of each ingredient to the other in achieving balanced feeds.
- Very user friendly – unlike many foreign software that are developed without due consideration to our locally available ingredients and languages, farmers appreciate working with this home based tool.
SCREEN SHOT OF THE INDIGINOUS FEEDS FORMULATION SOFTWARE
This is the first interface which contains
- The trade name of the software : EMMANUEL AGROBENEFITS ENTERPRISES FEEDS/ CONCENTRATES FORMULATION & ANALYSIS SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Mission of AGROBENEFITS
- Brief introduction about me (the developer)
- Other components of the software:
- Formula analysis – where a farmer can verify the authenticity or claim of a given formula
- Add ingredients to data base – where farmers can add new ingredients that are not found in the software or where farmers can add data found from ingredients after proximate analysis from laboratory.
- Add additive to data base – where new additives are added
- Feeds formulation- the main platform of feeds formulation and analysis
- Ingredients and energy – where energy level of ingredients are imputed
- Logo of the software
- Exit application – where the application is closed once a task is completed
PLATFORM FOR FORMULA ANALYSIS
On this platform farmers can:
- Verify the claim of any given formula. All the farmer needs to do is to input the data of such formula and the software will analyze its crude protein and energy.
PLATFORM FOR FEEDS FORMULATION & ANALYSIS
This platform allows the formulation of ALL types of feeds with full analysis of its crude protein, energy, lysine, methionine, fibre, calcium, phosphorus, and fat content. It’s amazing!
PLATFORM TO ADD INGREDIENTS TO DATA BASE
This platform allows you to add new ingredients to data base
AREAS OF COVERAGE IN FEEDS FORMULATION
- POULTRY FEEDS
- Chick mash
- Grower mash
- Layers mash
- Broiler starter
- Broiler finisher
- Turkey feeds
- Quails feeds
- Geese and guinea fowl feed
- Ostrich feeds
- LIVESTOCK FEEDS
- Grasscuter feeds
- Pig feeds
- Rabbit feeds
- Cattle feeds
- Goat and sheep feeds
- AQUATIC FEEDS
- Fish feeds
with these basic steps, our farmers will be enlightened on balanced feeds formulation and analysis.
- Meaning of feeds formulation/self formulation – purpose/advantages
- Process of feeds formulation/equipment for feeds production
- Introduction to raw materials and fixed ingredients for feeds formulation/sourcing for raw materials
- Methods of processing certain raw materials/ factors affecting use of certain raw materials
- Methods of feeds formulation – introduction
- Types of feeds and their characteristics
- Trial and error method /assignment
- Pearson square method/assignment
- Advanced Pearson Square method/ assignment
- Computerized method – with the use of INDIGENOUS software
- Demonstration – preparing different feeds formula
- Why you may not be able to prepare balanced feeds -Realizing the great benefits of computerize
Assessment /evaluation/practical demonstration
Farmers will be able to reduce their cost of production by 30-40% through self feeds formulation and produce balanced feeds to enhance their animal production and development.
Chief CONSULTANT AGROLIFEBENEFITS
For more information on how AGROLIFEBENEFITS can be hired to train you on feeds formulation
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org